Hebrews 11:1, Living Bible – “What is faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead.”
Consider these 15 Tips for Getting Close to Jesus Christ (Yeshua).
- Understand that God is a person. He has a personality. The Holy Trinity (Father, Son and Spirit) are three in one. They operate in complete unity with one another. We are made in the image and likeness of God. We have personalities because they do too! (Hebrews 11:6)
- Talk to God like He is a person, not an “it”. (Exodus 33:11)
- Always show honor to God and respect His authority. He created us. We are like God, BUT not God. If you understand the parent-child relationship and the husband-wife relationship, you’ll get this. (Mark 12:30)
- If you show God time and attention, you will get His time and have His attention. (Matthew 6:33)
- When you honor God He honors you with His presence (Psalm 111:10).
- A sweet way that God gets close to you without you even asking is if you are hurting—God is nigh to those of a broken heart (Psalm 34:18). (Think about how a parent hovers over a baby who is sick or injured as opposed to a child who is being disobedient. All the hurt child has to do is cry, and the parent will come running.)
- Tip: When you think about God, He focuses on you. (Although He is always with you—imagine being in the room with someone, but you don’t have their attention. Yes, they are with you, but there is no communication. But, it you initiate conversation, He will respond.) (Psalm 1:1-3)
- Read the bible. Jesus (Yeshua) is the Word of God made flesh. When you read the Word you are communing with the Lord. (John 1:1-4,&14)
- Ask God to speak to you. That’s what He wants to do anyway. (Luke 11:13)
- Obey! The more you obey, the more fellowship you will have with the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. (John 14:23)
- Praise God through song, your conversation and your actions. (It’s normal to talk about people you love. It’s normal to be nice to people you love. Have you ever gone to a program to hear your child sing? ADORABLE. If you start singing, God will come.) (John 4:23-24)
- Be thankful. (That means you appreciate everything He has already done. You are coming to Him to get to know Him—not to just ask for stuff!) (Psalm 100:4)
- Ask God what he would like you to do each day—then do it (you’ll need the Holy Spirit to help you do it)
- Love people. God doesn’t want to hang around meanies (1 John 4:7).
- Know God’s methods of communication: God can and will use anything and anyone to get a message to you: your pastor, the Scriptures, a child, a billboard sign, a song, nature, a dream, a vision, an angelic visitation, a still small voice, consequences, audible voice, a text message (I know a lady who got a text message from God!), a book you’re reading, timing (cross check significant time with scripture references), signs in the sky and heavens, write God a note—He’ll answer back, and so on….the more you acknowledge God’s methods of communication, the more you’ll realize that He has been trying to communicate with you all along.
You already know Jesus, when you see Him it’s like: “Oh, yeah…I remember You! Not—who are You?”
Hebrews 11:5-7, Living Bible – “Enoch trusted God too, and that is why God took him away to heaven without dying; suddenly he was gone because God took him. Before this happened God had said how pleased he was with Enoch. You can never please God without faith, without depending on him. Anyone who wants to come to God must believe that there is a God and that he rewards those who sincerely look for him.”
Remember: Get out of sin, and stay out. Get close to Jesus and stay close. Jesus is coming soon. Be expecting!